Pupil Premium Information
At Wooler First School we view the needs of all pupils as important and endeavour to create the best opportunities and experiences for all pupils including the development of strong, supportive relationships with parents.
Nationally, statistics show there is a gap between the attainment and progress of some groups of pupils including those in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM) and their peers. The Pupil Premium is a sum of money that the school receives to help narrow this gap.
This currently includes pupils:
- who have been in receipt of Free School Meals any time over the past six years
- that were adopted from care in England (including those adopted before December 2005)
- that left care under a Special Guardianship Order(under the Children Act 1989)
- that left care under a Residential Order (under the Children Act 1989)
- whose parents are in the armed services, or have been in the past four years.
Our aim is to raise the attainment and progress of pupils in receipt of Pupil Premium so that their performance compares favourably with Non-Pupil Premium peers.
We are required to publish how much Pupil Premium money we receive and how we have chosen to spend that money. We are also required to publish the results for Pupil Premium students compared with their peers.
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, he/she is entitled to receive Universal Free School Meals which is different from Free School Meals. Universal Free School Meal is a government funded scheme where all infant age pupils are entitled to a hot school meal free of charge regardless of individual financial circumstances. It is still essential that if you are entitled to income related free school meals you apply as greater benefits may be received for your child and your child’s school.
You can apply for free school meal to Northumberland County council on: https://online.northumberland.gov.uk/citizenportal/form.aspx?form=Free_School_Meals